I remember when I was still a young girl, I had no idea that towels needed to be folded because everyone in my family owned just one towel each. We would wash them when they needed to be washed and then put them on the clothing line outside to dry.
The clothes dried outside quite fast because of the dry and hot weather we had. Everyone’s towel was always clean and ready before the next use.
Given that situation, there was nothing like “towel folding” in my home while growing up. Except when putting your one towel in the suitcase for traveling purposes, you only needed to hang it after a bath, so that it could dry up for next use.
Now that I have a family of my own, things have changed quite a bit. I keep wondering how on earth I survived with only one towel at a time. Haha! Don’t mind me because I’m just saying. I know I can do with only one towel but why not have more than one?
There is always more than one single way of doing things and organizing our towels is one of such things. Most of us likely own multiple towels for ourselves, our kids, the guests and probably for vacation, for the beach, etc. This makes organizing important for our towels just as it is for every other thing in our homes.
There are a number of ways to roll and to fold a towel and these methods here got to be one of the easiest.
Watch the video below for a basic and simple way to roll and fold a towel. Once you are done watching the video, I have an illustration on both methods for you just down this page, be sure to check it.
The illustration below will give you a clear and simple picture of a step by step process of rolling and folding towels. The tutorial is very easy to understand as long as you follow it through step by step, in the right order.
To further explain this, I have outlined the steps to take below:
SIMPLE STEPS TO ROLL A TOWEL
1. Lay the towel on a flat surface and use your palms to smoothen it out.
2. Fold the towel into two, lengthwise.
3. Use both hands to pick up one end and begin to roll up towards the other end.
4. Roll, roll, roll. That’s all you gotta do.
SIMPLE STEPS TO FOLD A TOWEL
1. Lay your towel on a flat surface and use your palms to smoothen it out.
2. Fold one end all the way to the middle, lengthwise. Fold the other end the same way, to the middle.
3. From the opposite direction this time, fold one end all the way to the middle. Fold the other end all the way to the middle also.
4. Fold what you have now into two. You now have your towel looking like you could open it like a book.
5. Store away according to your choice. Note that this method allows you to be able to stack the towels, which helps save a lot of vertical space.
If you noticed, the way I folded the towel in the video slightly differed from the one in the illustration. It doesn’t matter which one you choose to do. Both methods are very similar and they give you almost the same end result.
Always remember that it is always best to organize according to your space and what you have available. Organizing is not a straightjacket neither is it a one-size-fits-all situation. Look at your space, what you have available to you, and work towards that end result that would make you happy and satisfied.
You can use the basic techniques available, but you can always tweak them to suit your needs and your space.
Thanks for reading and following all the way to the bottom! Don’t forget I’m only a comment away from answering any questions or concerns you might have. I would also love to hear about your towel story (if you happen to have any) and also your contribution to this topic. I’ll be waiting for you in the comment section!
Don’t forget to share this post with family and friends who need this.