If you want to clear away the clutter, you could grab the trash bags and throw away all your stuff, but that could be counterproductive and expensive. What if you need those extra clothes and other accumulated purchases?
I have had experiences with throwing out stuff, only to buy them again because I realized I actually needed them. Decluttering is very necessary, but sometimes, we have to take our time to determine what actually needs to be thrown away.
This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing a product or service from a link does not increase your purchase price, but it is a great way to say ‘thanks’ if you enjoy my content and find my suggestions helpful because I may earn a commission if you do.
Sometimes downsizing is not such a smart idea, and you might end up rebuying all the stuff you threw away. If you want to organize your home without throwing away the stuff you need, reorganizing your existing space is a great solution.
Here are 10 simple ways to build organization into your bedroom.
1. Line your walls with overhead shelves. If you are looking for a clever way to store your extra stuff, just look up. Overhead shelves can be powerful tools in your search for a clutter-free bedroom.
2. Add a small clothing rack to one corner of your bedroom. A small clothing rack can make your life easier in many ways, from keeping your work clothes neat and tidy to keep soiled laundry off the floor.
3. Turn your bed into a storage solution. If you want to clear away the clutter, look no further than your bed. A bed frame with built-in drawers is a great way to store your extra clothes, while a stylish headboard can double as a bookcase for your late night reading.
4. Use the space behind the door. The space behind your door can be used to store all kinds of things, from your shoe collection to your bathrobe.
5. Stash the trash (bin) in your nightstand. The deep bottom drawer of your nightstand is the perfect place to hide the trash bin, so you can create a cleaner and more attractive space.
6. Expand your closet space with shower hooks. Adding shower hooks to your closet hangers can vastly increase your storage space – these handy hooks are perfect for holding bathing suits, tank tops, belts, ties and more.
7. Hang a jewelry center in the walk-in closet. Use the back or side wall of your walk-in closet to keep your jewelry sorted. You can mount a corkboard and use hanging hooks or purchase a jewelry chest and attach it to the wall.
8. Use a coat rack to store your sneakers and athletic shoes. A wall-mounted coat rack is the perfect storage solution for your footwear, and a great way to keep your sneakers off the floor.
9. Keep the TV remote from running away. If you are tired of chasing down the remote every time you want to watch some late-night TV, use Velcro to keep them in place. Just place the Velcro attachment on your nightstand and keep the remote where it belongs.
10. Add hanging hooks to the back of your closet. Adding hooks is a great way to increase the storage space in your closet and clear away the clutter. You can use these hooks to hang purses, accessories or anything else you like.
Clearing away the clutter is not always easy, but the right organizational setup can help a lot. If you design your bedroom, and every other room of your home, with smart storage in mind, you can get organized fast, so you can declutter your life without throwing out all your stuff.
I would love to know your thoughts on this post. Which tip resonates with you the most? Which tip are you going to try? Leave your comment in the comment box below and I’ll be sure to read it.