If you have a spare weekend, you have time to organize your life, or at least your kitchen. Whether you are a world-class home chef or a maven of the microwave, getting your kitchen organized will make your life a whole lot easier.
Mostly, you can make use of items you already have in your home to help with your organizing. However, if you need some recommendations or suggestions, don’t worry, I have a few for you in this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more, read our disclosure here.
You do not have to embark on an expensive and time-consuming kitchen remodel to take back control and get organized. All you need is 48 hours, a few simple and inexpensive supplies and some basic DIY skills.
Here are six ways to organize your kitchen in a weekend.
1) Show off your fancy cookware with stylish hanging hooks. This simple tip serves two purposes – freeing up precious cabinet space and making your favorite cookware easier to find. Not to mention your copper and stainless steel pots and pans will look great as practical wall art. If you need a cheaper but stylish cookware hanging hooks option, check here.
2) Add dish racks to your cabinets. If you are tired of hunting through your cabinets for the right plates, invest in a set of dish racks to keep them where they need to be. You will save a lot of time and gain lots of extra storage space. As you know, bamboo is always a great option too. A bamboo plate rack will make for a good plate organizer. I simply love it!
3) Take back your junk drawer with small storage containers. Give those spare screws, extra packets, loose items, and other kitchen utensils a suitable home with a set of small storage containers. Label each container and make it easier to find what you need.
4) Use an old jar to store your large serving spoons and small measuring cups. This simple organizational tip will make your favorite recipes easier to cook.
5) Use an extra flatware caddy to store your whisks, rubber spatulas and other long skinny cooking utensils. It will make your cooking essentials easier to find. I absolutely adore this flatware caddy. This one is also a simple and adorable holder.
6) Hang your aluminum foil, plastic wrap and other essentials on the inside of your kitchen cabinets. If you don’t have one already, you can purchase special hangers at the hardware store if you like, and keep your kitchen essentials organized. I recommend this for storing and organizing wraps and this for other essentials like bottle products.
You do not have to spend a lot of money or time to keep your kitchen neat and organized. If you have a spare weekend or an extra couple of hours, you can take control of your cooking space and make your life a lot easier.
Next Reading suggestion: 10 organizational tips for a better bedroom.
Don’t forget to leave your comments. I literally jump with excitement each I receive your comments. I would love to know what resonated with you in this post, or what didn’t.